Maui’s Montage Kapalua Bay Among Best Hotels in Hawaiʻi and USFebruary 1, 2017, 7:01 PM HST · Updated February 2, 2:25 PM Wendy Osher · 3 Comments
The Montage Kapalua Bay on Maui was ranked in the top two Best Hotels in Hawaiʻi and among the top four best hotels in the US in the new 2017 ranking released by U.S. News and World Report.
The Montage Kapalua Bay, situated on 24-acres in West Maui features 50 residential-style accommodations, six grand residential-style accommodations and its full service Spa Montage. The property offers one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom options.
The resort is also home to Kapalua’s Cliff House, originally built in 1940, and once used as a facility for managers of the Honolua Plantation. The Cliff House is now used for private events, and can be booked through the resort, with accommodations for 2-40 guests.
Also doing well in the rankings was the Four Seasons Resort Hualālai on Hawaiʻi Island, which was ranked number 1 in the state and number 2 in the US, behind only The Langham in Chicago.
Maui has 6 Hotels Gold Badge Status
Hawaiʻi is among the top five states recognized as having the most Gold badge winners. Hawaiʻi ranked fourth with 16 Gold badges, behind California (36), New York (23), Florida (22), and ahead of Colorado (12).
The publication notes that Gold badge hotels in the US are three times more likely to offer infinity pools, free fitness classes and free kids clubs than other ranked hotels. The report also notes that consumers are willing % percent higher than their competitors’.
Maui has six resorts that have obtained Gold badge status, including: Montage Kapalua Bay; Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi (Lānaʻi); Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea; The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua; Andaz Maui at Wailea; and The Fairmont Kea Lani. Maui also tied for fifth place for the city/location with the most gold badge winners
The other Hawaiʻi resorts on the list are: Four Seasons Resort Hualālai (Hawaiʻi Island); Halekūlani (Oʻahu); The Kahala Hotel and Resort (Oʻahu); The St. Regis Princeville (Kauaʻi); Grand Hyatt Kauaʻi Resort and Spa (Kauaʻi); The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort (Oʻahu); Koʻa Kea Hotel & Resort at Poʻipū Beach (Kauaʻi); Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa (Oʻahu); Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk (Oʻahu); and The Fairmont Orchid (Hawaiʻi Island).
2017 U.S. News Best Hotels — Hawaiʻi
- Four Seasons Resort Hualālai (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Montage Kapalua Bay (Maui)
- Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi (Lānaʻi)
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea (Maui)
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua (Maui)
- Halekūlani (Oʻahu)
- The Kahala Hotel and Resort (Oʻahu)
- The St. Regis Princeville (Kauaʻi)
- Grand Hyatt Kauaʻi Resort and Spa (Kauaʻi)
- The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort (Oʻahu)
- Andaz Maui at Wailea (Maui)
- Koʻa Kea Hotel & Resort at Poʻipū Beach (Kauaʻi)
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa (Oʻahu)
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk (Oʻahu)
- The Fairmont Orchid (Hawaiʻi Island)
- The Fairmont Kea Lani (Maui)
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Hotel Wailea, Relais & Chateaux (Maui)
- The Modern Honolulu (Oʻahu)
- Turtle Bay Resort (Oʻahu)
- Travaasa Hāna, Maui (Maui)
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa (Maui)
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (Maui)
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort (Oʻahu)
- The Westin Kāʻanapali Ocean Resort Villas (Maui)
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Maui)
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa (Maui)
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas (Kauaʻi)
- Kapalua Villas Maui (Maui)
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Hilton Waikōloa Village (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikīkī Beach Resort (Oʻahu)
- Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort and Spa (Kauaʻi)
- Waikīkī Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Oʻahu)
- Sheraton Kauaʻi Resort (Kauaʻi)
- Kauaʻi Marriott Resort (Kauaʻi)
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa (Maui)
- Four Seasons Resort Oʻahu at Kō ʻOlina (Oʻahu)
- Waikīkī Parc Hotel (Oʻahu)
- Waikōloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Hawaiʻi Island)
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa (Oʻahu)
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Kāʻanapali (Maui)
- Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort (Oʻahu)
- Kōloa Landing at Poʻipū Beach (Kauaʻi)
- Grand Waikīkīan Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations (Oʻahu)
- Sheraton Waikīkī (Oʻahu)
- Hyatt Regency Waikīkī Beach Resort and Spa (Oʻahu)
- Hilton Waikīkī Beach (Oʻahu)
- Hawaiʻi Prince Hotel Waikīkī and Golf Club (Oʻahu)
2017 U.S. News Best Hotel in the USA
1. The Langham, Chicago
2. Four Seasons Resort, Hualalai (Hawaiʻi Island)
3. The Jefferson, Washington, DC
4. Montage Kapalua Bay (Maui)
5. The Lodge at Sea Island
U.S. News & World Report rankings evaluated more than 3,000 luxury hotels across the USA, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico. The publication awards the top 10% of ranked hotels with a Gold badge.
“Our rankings are designed to narrow down the perfect hotel for your vacation – whether it is on a beach, in a major city or in a remote location,” said Erin Shields, travel editor at U.S. News. “The U.S. News Best Hotels hit the mark for both travelers and industry experts, offering exceptional customer service and luxury amenities.”
According to U.S. News, the most popular hotel searches during this time of year are in warmer-weather spots including Maui.
The publication scored luxury hotels using a methodology that combines each hotel’s industry awards with expert and guest reviews. Criteria includes awards and recognition, hotel class and guest ratings, which are calculated using data provided under license by TripAdvisor.
Scroll Down to Read 3 Comments