Revised DOH List inclues 85 Recalled Products
By Wendy Osher
The Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) issued a revised list today of recalled products manufactured by First Commercial Kitchen LLC. A previous listing on January 25, had named some 100 locally produced items, but was revised after some businesses complained that their products are no longer manufactured at the facility.
The DOH compiled the initial list from information on the company’s website due to the company’s inability to provide an accurate list of products manufactured at their processing plant. An updated list was released today following information received late yesterday and today.
The new list includes a variety of salsa’s, dressings, hot sauces and marinades. It identifies products that may have been manufactured under inadequate control measures and therefore pose a potential health risk if consumed.
Officials with the DOH called the company’s record keeping practices “questionable,” saying that records provided by First Commercial Kitchen LLC may include inaccurate and outdated information.
The DOH is providing the opportunity for businesses to have their products removed from the recall list if they can provide sufficient documentation and evidence of product safety. For information on how to have products removed from the recall listing, businesses can e-mail [email protected] or call the Food and Drug Branch at 586-4724 or the Sanitation Branch at 586-8000.
- Aloha Salads: Pineapple, Passion Orange and Mango Vinaigrettes
- Arturo’s Hot Sauces: Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kauai, Big Island, Oahu, Makai Chili Peppa Water, Habernero Vinaigrette, Nitro 3, 7 and 10, Red Shark, Chipotle BBQ, Hawaiian Passion Teriyaki Sauce, Pineapple Salsa, Green Flash, Hot Hawaiian Savory Sauce, Hawaiian Passion Ginger Fire Sauce, Hawaiian Passion Sweet Pineapple Hot Sauce, Mango Delicious, Mango Vicious, Phitias Hot Sauce, Polli’s Hot Sauce, Pineapple Pepper Salsa
- Refrigerated Salsas: Maui Onion Sauce, Red, Red Hot, Red Very Very Hot
- Shelf Stable Salsas: Red Medium, Red Mild, Red Hot, Red Very Very Hot
- Barb’s Favorite Recipes, Barb’s Local Style Black Bean Sauce, Barb’s Kal-Bi Sauce
- Bob’s Bar-B-Que Teriyaki Sauce
- Cabais Capital Sweet Wasabi Sauce
- Fu Manchu Chilli Peppa Water
- Grand Café & Bakery: Dessert Topping, Sherry Vinaigrette
- Hana Hotties Hot Sauces – Pineapple, Lilikoi Guava, Mango, Papaya
- Healing Noni – Noni Juice
- India Café: Curry Sauce for Meat, Sauce for Seafood, Tikka Masala (General Sauce)
- Jen-e Tropical Creamy Garlic Dressing
- Kabuki Restaurant: Yakitori Sauce, Batayaki Sauce
- Molokai Roadside Creations Steak Marinades: Original, Mild, Mo’Spicy
- Mom’s Recipe Sauce
- Natural Edge: Noni Juice
- Pacific Poultry: Huli-Huli Sauce
- Poke Stop: Remoulade, Creamy Ahi Dressing, Soy Lime Dressing, Pickled Onion Tartar Sauce, Teri Sauce
- REI Food Products (Gyotaku): Sesame Ginger Dressing, Shoyu Dressing, Sweet & Sour Dressing
- Soul de Cuba: Mango Salsa, Mojo Marinade
- Sunset Sauces: Pacific Pesto – Mac Nut Style, Pacific Pesto – Asian Style
- Table Boss Safari Sauce
- Taste of Joy Teri-Q Sauce
- Ted’s Bakery Teri Sauce
- Toyo Sushi: Sushi Vinegar, Garlic Sauce, Spicy Garlic Sauce
- Waiola Burger Sauce
- Wing Coffee Company: Thick Soy Sauce, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Plum Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Black Bean Garlic
- First Commerical Kitchen LLC: Lum’s Char-Siu Sauce
On January 24, First Commercial Kitchen LLC was issued a Notice of Permit Suspension and an Order to Cease and Desist. First Commercial Kitchen LLC has since requested a hearing to contest the suspension and order.