Maui Ag Day Focuses on Food Safety, August 26
By Wendy Osher
The Maui County Farm Bureau will present the second annual Maui Ag Day with a focus on Understanding Food Safety Certification. The session runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, August 26, at the Haliimaile Pineapple Company (located at 872 Haliimaile Road in Makawao).
The trade show, panel, tour, and parking are all free. A grown-on-Maui lunch is also free for Maui County Farm Bureau members. Participants are asked to RSVP by August 24 to [email protected] or call 243-2290.
A schedule of events is listed below:
- 8 a.m. Continental breakfast and trade show
- 9 a.m. Food Safety Certification Panel Presentation by three Maui farmers who have gone through the Food Safety Certification process. Meet Heidi Watanabe of Watanabe Processing, Geoff Haines of Pacific Produce and Brian Igersheim of Haliimaile Pineapple Co.
- 10:30 a.m. Tour of Haliimaile Pineapple Co facilities and pineapple fields
- 11:45 a.m. Grown on Maui lunch (trade show continues)
- 1 p.m. Maui Ag Day concludes