Small Businesses May Be Affected by New PLDC RulesAugust 21, 2012, 2:38 PM HST · Updated October 17, 12:20 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The Public Land Development Corporation will be on Maui this week as part of a statewide series of informational meetings to discuss the adoption of new Hawai‘i Administrative Rules, which may affect small business.
The Maui meeting runs from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 24, at the Maui Waena Intermediate School Cafeteria, in Kahului.
“The upcoming public hearings are an opportunity to inform the public about the PLDC’s mission, objectives and priorities. We welcome public participation and encourage individuals to utilize this opportunity,” said Lloyd Haraguchi, Executive Director for the PLDC.
- Chapter 13-301, relating to Practice and Procedure: establishes operating procedures for the PLDC. It contains general provisions relating to the office location and hours, board meetings, and delegation of authority to the Executive Director. It also sets forth procedures for proceedings before the board, contested case hearings, declaratory rulings, and petitions for amendment, adoption, or repeal of administrative rules.
- Chapter13-302, relating to the Public Land Development Program: sets forth a procedure for the PLDC to initiate, by itself or with qualified persons, or enter into cooperative agreements with qualified persons for the development or financing of projects that make optimal use of public land for the economic, environmental, and social benefit of the people of Hawai‘i.
- Chapter 13-303, relating to the Project Facility Program: establishes a procedure for undertaking and financing any project facility as part of a project. Project facilities include improvements, roads and streets, utility and service corridors, utility lines, water and irrigation systems, lighting systems, security systems, sanitary sewerage systems, and other community facilities where applicable.
Public hearings across the state will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following times and locations:
- Hilo: Monday, August 20, at Waiakea High School Cafeteria;
- Kona: Tuesday, August 21, at Konawaena High School Cafeteria in Kealakekua;
- Maui: Friday, August 24, at Maui Waena Intermediate School Cafeteria in Kahului;
- Moloka‘i: Monday, August 27, at Mitchell Pau‘ole Community Center in Kaunakakai;
- O‘ahu: Wednesday, August 29, at Dept. of Land and Natural Resources, Kalanimoku Building, Land Board Conference Room 132 in Honolulu; and
- Kaua‘i: Friday, August 31, at Elsie H. Wilcox Elementary School in Lihu‘e.
Individuals who are unable to attend or wish to present additional comments may email comments to [email protected] or postmark written testimony by Friday, September 14, 2012 to: PLDC, PO Box 2359, Honolulu, HI 96804.