$8.9 Million in OHA Grants Available for Non-Profits
By Wendy Osher
The Office of Hawaiian Affairs completed a week-long series of workshops centered on $8.9 million in grant funding for community organizations.
OHA officials say the grant workshops drew an estimated 230 participants, representing various non-profit organizations.
Two-year grants in amounts ranging from $100,000 to $500,000 will be available to fund several priority areas that that aim to improve conditions within the Hawaiian community.
Seven specific priority areas highlighted include:
- Improving the health of Hawaiians
- Perpetuating Hawaiian culture
- Protecting natural resources
- Expanding housing opportunities
- Improving test scores of Hawaiian students in the middle and high schools
- Creating career-broadening opportunities
- Improving prenatal services for Native Hawaiians
The deadline to apply is January 16, 2013. The two-year funding period runs from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015.
More information is available by calling (808) 594-1986; emailing: [email protected]; or visiting www.oha.org.