Maui News

Overloaded Circuit Sparks Waiehu Home Fire

January 30, 2013, 8:14 AM HST
* Updated January 30, 9:20 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

File photo, by Wendy Osher.

File photo, by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

Fire officials determined that an overloaded circuit was the cause of a home fire in Waiehu on Tuesday night.

Fire crews from Wailuku and Kahului were dispatched at 9:01 p.m. to the home located at 606 Kaae Road.

The fire was contained to a single room and caused an estimated $1,000 in damage before it was extinguished at 10:32 p.m, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.

Fire personnel arrived on scene to find neighbors utilizing a garden hose to douse the fire. Fire crews continued extinguishment and ventilated the home upon arrival.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

No injuries were reported.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments