UPDATE: Locations, Dates, Times Announced for Free Health ClinicsMay 16, 2013, 2:45 PM HST · Updated May 23, 12:29 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
***Updated: 5/23/13 to reflect updated dates and times.
The County of Maui has announced the dates and times of an upcoming Tropic Care Maui event that offers free medical, dental and vision care throughout Maui County on nine days next month.
The event provides services to residents, while and also serving as rapid response training for some 400 military personnel, officials said.
The service runs from June 4-12, at select locations throughout Maui County.
County officials released an updated list of specific dates and locations, which are included below:
- Central Maui: ʻĪao Intermediate School, June 4-12, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- South Maui: St. Theresa Catholic Church, June 4-12, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- Lānaʻi: Lānaʻi High and Elementary School, June 4-12, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
- Hāna: Helene Hall, June 4-6, including the following: June 4, 12 to 5 p.m.; June 5, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and June 6, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Molokaʻi: Kaunakakai Elementary School, June 7-10, including the following: June 7, 12 to 5 p.m.; June 8, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; June 9, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and June 10, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.; and
- West Maui: Lahaina Civic Center, June 11-12, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The clinic is being offered in collaboration with the Maui County mayor’s office, the Hawaiʻi Department of Health, and the US Military Innovative Readiness Training Program of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs.
County officials say the clinics are open to all residents free of charge, and that no identification is required. Advance appointments will not be accepted as individuals will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Officials with the mayor’s office advise that the public should come prepared to wait in line with any needed essentials such as water, and a folding chair and umbrella for shade at some locations.
More information is available by visiting this website or by calling the mayor’s office at 270-7855 and asking to be transferred to the Tropic Care Maui County assistance line.