Island Fruit-Inspired Menu Featured at Wine Dinner
By Vanessa Wolf
This Saturday October 11, the Makena Beach & Golf Resort hosts a Spires Collection Wine Dinner.
Hosted by Jackson Family Wines’ Director of Global Key Accounts, Master Sommelier Michael Jordan, the event also features a five-course dinner.
Makena Resort’s Chef De Cuisine Kurt Lesmerises is preparing a meal highlighting Hawaiian flavors and fall fresh island fruit.
Featuring dishes intended to explore Hawaii Regional Cuisine, each entrée focuses on a blend of Asian/Pacific flavors and provides what the resort calls “a surprising twist of farm fresh fruit like pomegranate, apricots, dates, pineapple, pears, lychee and even blood orange.”
Chef Lesmerises was inspired by Maui’s recent bout of warmer-than-usual weather and noted, “we wanted to offer something different from the hearty and earthy palettes that come with the fall season, instead we opted to feature Hawaii’s ethnic influences and highlight the island’s sun-ripened fruit.”
The menu itself starts with an amuse bouche.
- Galerie, Sauvignon Blanc, Knights Valley 2012
- Maui Pineapple Smoked North Pacific Salmon with cucumber ribbons, dilled crème fraîche, pickled onions and crispy cap.
- Carmel Road, Unoaked Chardonnay, Monterey 2013
- Li Hing Dusted Crab Salad with Maui lychee, mango and apple ume Hawaiian chile pepper vinaigrette.
- Byron, Monument Hill, Pinot Noir, Santa Maria Valley 2012
- Tea smoked Quail with D’angelo pear and parsnip purée, haricot verte, Maui onion confit and crispy prosciutto.
- Hartford Court, Zinfandel, Russian River Valley 2012
- Seared Big Eye Ahi and forbidden black rice lumpia, blood orange and curried fennel mélange. baby bok choy, and shitake mushroom cream.
- Mount Brave, Cabernet Sauvignon, Mount Veeder, Napa Valley 2010
- Autumn Lamb Chop with Moroccan orzo with pomegranate, apricot and dates. young gingered kale and pomegranate lamb reduction
- Hawaiian Vintage Dark chocolate gateux peppered mascarpone cream and sour cherry compote crispy cherry brittle
Founded in 1982 by wine entrepreneur and philanthropist Jess Jackson, the Jackson Family Wine company is known for their portfolio of more than 30 renowned wineries.
The October dinner features their most esteemed offerings dubbed the Spires Collection.
“We are pleased to welcome back expert Michael Jordan and are excited to offer the premier wines of the Spire Collection at our October event,” comments Leo Mallari, Food & Beverage Director of the Makena Beach & Golf Resort.
Also featuring live entertainment, the event is $130 per person plus tax and gratuity.
Reservations are required. Call 808-875-5888 to make yours.