Last Day for Early Walk-in Voting on Maui is Nov. 1
By Maui Now Staff
The last day for walk in voting on Maui is Saturday, Nov. 1, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kalana O Maui building in Wailuku.
The early voting site on Molokaʻi is closed tomorrow, so the last day for early voting at that location is Friday, Oct. 31, 2014, at the Department of Accounting and General Services office in the State Building on Makaena Place, Room 104, in Kaunakakai.
The state Office of Elections also issued the following tips and reminders for voters who plan to head to the polls on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014:
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Anyone in line at their polling place by 6 p.m. on Nov. 4, 2014, will be allowed to vote.
- Vote during non-peak hours to save time: from 9:30 to 11 a.m., or 1 to 4 p.m.
- Polling place locator: Contact your County Clerk’s office or visit the state Office of Elections website for the Polling Place Locator to find your polling place.
- Provide proof of identification: Forms of acceptable ID include a valid photo ID, copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or other government issued document that shows your name and address.
- Sample ballots are available to view at the Office of Elections website. Simply enter your name and date of birth and your polling place information and sample ballot will be provided.
- Vote-by-mail: voters have till 6 p.m. on Election Day to submit their voted ballot to any polling place within their county. A voted ballot postmarked on Election Day, but not received by the Clerk’s office by 6 p.m. will not be accepted.