First Friday Celebrates a Health Kick in Wailuku
The ￼Wailuku First Friday Town Party is coming up this week on June 3, from 6 to 9 p.m.
This month’s theme is “Health Kick in Wailuku.”
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party on Market Street in Wailuku Town.
Guests can dine, groove with the live bands or take part in street festivities with friends and family under the Maui moon.
Come down to Wailuku Town for a great time and help support the local community, economy and businesses.
This month’s entertainment will include:
• Uluwehi Guerrero and Hālau Hula Kauluokala on the Maui Thing Stage at 6:15 p.m.
• Zumba by Keoni Hot Lava Dance Studio at Wailuku Banyan Tree Park
• Free cupcakes to celebrate Wailuku Coffee Company’s sixth anniversary (while supplies last)
• Also at Wailuku Coffee Company:Tara Bouchard’s Art Show, Limu
• Free Yoga Class at Body Alive Yoga, 1995, Main St., second floor
• Golden Road Craft Beer Tasting and DJ Zeke playing disco music in the Wine & Beer Garden, 6 to 9:30 p.m.
• Free Screening of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” at ʻĪao Theater, 7 p.m.
• Simply Soul’s aloha deals blowout for their last First Friday before closing, 6 to 9 p.m.
• Bake & Bangles! at Rise Maui, at the corner of Vineyard St. and Market St. All proceeds will go to the store owner during her battle with cancer.
• The art show continues with work by Carolyn Quan and paintings by Sean Baba at Uptown Gallery, Northshore Art and Frame.
• The Wailuku Cam with Harry Eager as host at Kama‘āina Loan & Cash for Gold, 98 N. Market St.
• Wailuku now offers free WiFi through Kokua Wireless.
Market Street will be closed from 5:30 p.m.
Parking is free at the Maui Medical Group lot.
For more information, call Yuki Lei Sugimura at 878-1888.
For vendor information, email Alan Takatani at [email protected] or call him at (808) 281 2801.
Other town parties include:
• Second Friday – Lahaina
• Third Friday – Makawao
• Fourth Friday – Kīhei
• Fifth Friday will be celebrated on May 29 on Lānaʻi