Japengo Welcomes Stags Leap Wine Cellars for Tastemakers Series
The Maui Tastemakers Series at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa’s award-winning signature restaurant, Japengo, returns in partnership with Napa-based Stags Leap Wine Cellars on Saturday, June 9.
The event will bring together locals and guests to enjoy a one-time menu created by Chef Gevin Utrillo and Sushi Chef Jin Hosono that complements a selection of wines from Stags Leap Wine Cellars. Winemaker Marcus D’Notaro will join guests for an intimate reception at Japengo followed by a three-course dinner with wine pairings. The reception begins at 5 p.m. followed by the seated dinner at 5:30 p.m.
“We have a special relationship with Marcus at Stags Leap and look forward to sharing our menu in harmonization with his wines,” said Gevin Utrillo, Japengo Chef de Cuisine. “With this menu, we wanted to pay homage to some of the best flavors on Maui that make our guests feel like they are tasting the island with each bite, while also complementing the flavors of each California wine.”
Tickets for the Maui Tastemakers Series are limited and cost $120. The June 9 dinner will include:
· Reception featuring 2016 Karia Chardonnay
· Seafood Salad with Kula mixed greens, beets, cherry tomatoes, scallop, snow crab, sweet shrimp, octopus, black sesame sauce, and ume dashi vinaigrette served with 2016 Aveta Sauvignon Blanc.
· Lavender Seasoned Lamb Chops and Kaua‘i Shrimp with creamy lobster polenta, tatsoi, and roasted baby carrots served with 2015 Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon.
· Chocolate-stuffed Macadamia Nut Pound Cake with chardonnay sabayaon and berries served with Stags Leap Wine Cellars Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc.
Upcoming 2018 Tastemakers dinners and partners will feature:
· Saturday, September 8 – Maui Brewing Company
· Saturday, December 8 – Haliimaile Distillery
Japengo is open nightly featuring dinner and sushi bar service from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., lounge service from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and happy hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. For more information about the restaurant or to make a reservation for an upcoming Tastemakers dinner, visit the Japengo website.