Budget Meetings for FY2020 Begin April 1March 18, 2019, 10:11 AM HST · Updated March 19, 9:00 AM 0 Comments
Meetings will be held next month in all Maui County community plan areas on the proposed fiscal year 2020 budget, Councilmember Keani Rawlins-Fernandez, chair of the council’s Economic Development and Budget Committee, announced today.
The district meeting schedule, tentative until agendas are posted, is as follows:
- April 1, Lānaʻi Community Center, Social Hall, 8th Street and Lānaʻi Avenue, Lānaʻi City, Lānaʻi
- April 4, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Social Hall, 91 Pukalani St., Pukalani, Maui
- April 5, Hāna Community Center, Main Hall, 5091 Uakea Rd., Hāna, Maui
- April 9, Kīhei Community Center, Main Hall, 303 East Līpoa St., Kīhei, Maui
- April 10, Lahaina Civic Center, Social Hall, 1840 Honoapiʻilani Hwy., Lahaina, Maui
- April 11, Pāʻia Community Center, Social Hall, 252 Hāna Hwy., Pāʻia, Maui
- April 15, Mitchell Pauʻole Center, Main Hall, 90 ʻĀinoa St., Kaunakakai, Molokaʻi
All district meetings will start at 6 p.m.
“I look forward to the committee visiting all areas of our county to receive community input where our constituents live,” Rawlins-Fernandez said. “We need the public’s assistance in crafting a budget to ensure ‘Maui County’s economy will be diverse, sustainable and supportive of community values,’ as stated in the Countywide Policy Plan.”
The proposed fiscal year 2020 budget is the county’s financial plan for the 12-month period that begins July 1, 2019. The mayor is required to transmit the proposed budget to the council by March 25. Meeting agendas will be posted soon after.
“The committee will deliberate on the budget on most weekdays during April in the Council Chamber,” Rawlins-Fernandez said. Separate meeting agendas will be published.
Written testimony may be emailed to [email protected], referencing EDB-1. For the latest news on the committee’s review of the budget, please go to mauicounty.us/2020budget/.