Maui Jim Maui Invitational Announces 2019 Mainland ScheduleAugust 9, 2019, 9:11 AM HST · Updated August 9, 9:11 AM 0 Comments
The Maui Jim Maui Invitational today announced its mainland schedule, which includes Opening Games and Regional Games across the continental U.S.
The Opening Games begin on Nov. 13 and conclude on Nov. 20. The Regional Games take place on Nov. 23 and 24, the weekend before on-island Tournament play begins, and will be hosted by East Tennessee State University.
The complete mainland schedule includes:
- Nov. 13 – Southern Utah at BYU
- Nov. 15 – Delaware State at Georgia
- Nov. 16 – Charleston Southern at Dayton
- Nov. 18 – Southern Utah at UCLA
- Nov. 18 – Charleston Southern at Michigan State
- Nov. 19 – East Tennessee State at Kansas
- Nov. 20 – Delaware State at Virginia Tech
Regional Games (hosted by East Tennessee)
- Nov. 23 – Southern Utah vs. Charleston Southern
- Nov. 23 – Delaware State vs. East Tennessee
- Nov. 24 – Delaware State vs. Charleston Southern/Southern Utah*
- Nov. 24 – Charleston Southern/Southern Utah vs. East Tennessee
* The winner of Delaware State vs. East Tennessee will play the winner of Southern Utah vs. Charleston Southern on Nov. 24.
In 1984, Chaminade University hosted the first Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Organizers call it has earned distinction as “the premier early-season college basketball tournament.”
Now in its 35th year, the Maui Jim Maui Invitational continues to attract some of the top programs, best-known coaches and most outstanding players to compete at the Lahaina Civic Center.