Maui Sunday Market to Reopen on Sunday, June 7
The Maui Food Technology Center announces the re-opening of the weekly Maui Sunday Market starting this Sunday, June 7, 2020. The event is open to the public and will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot of the Kahului Shopping Center located at 65 West Kaʻahumanu Avenue in Kahului. Admission is free.
The following County-mandated health and safety guidelines will be implemented starting this Sunday:
- Event staff will monitor each entry reminding vendors and attendees of social distancing and to make sure everyone is wearing a mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located at each entry.
- There will be no dining area (tent, tables and chairs) in order to prevent social gatherings.
- Food and product vendors will be required to wear a mask and gloves.
- There will be no live entertainment, unless it’s a solo artist.
- No Bingo and line dancing will take place.
- Vendor tents will be spaced to allow a minimum of 6 feet distance between.
- Vendors will be responsible for coming up with their own plans for social distancing within their booths, tables or stalls.
“While the way our community gathers may change, it’s a great opportunity to support our local entrepreneurs,” said Luana Mahi of MFTC.
The Maui Sunday Market is presented by the Maui Food Technology Center, a non-profit dedicated to encouraging, educating and creating opportunities for Hawaiʻi’s entrepreneurs. The event is supported by the County of Maui Office of Economic Development and sponsored by Alexander & Baldwin.
For event information, visit www.MauiSundayMarket.com, email [email protected], or call 888-948-MFTC (6382).