Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi Earns Top Spot in 2021 U.S. News & World Report Lists
February 2, 2021, 10:33 AM HST
* Updated February 3, 9:57 AM
The Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi, located at Manele Bay, earned the No. 1 top ranking on both the 2021 Best Hotels in the USA and Best Resorts in the USA lists published today by U.S. News & World Report.
The publication reports that Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi impressed both experts and travelers with its numerous amenities, “ranging from picturesque pools and a world-class golf course to daily activities like sailing, beachfront yoga and cultural tours.”
Meantime, the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea was No. 3 on the Best Resorts list and No. 7 on the Best Hotels list.
Other Maui hotels/resorts that were recognized by the publication include:
- Montage Kapalua Bay, which was ranked No. 12 in the Best Resorts in the USA and No. 24 in the Best Hotel in the USA lists.
- Hotel Wailea earned a No. 24 ranking on the Best Resort in the USA list and No. 54 ranking on the Best Hotel in the USA list.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua was ranked No. 36 on the Best Resort in the USA list and No. 79 in the Best Hotel in the USA list
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort was ranked No. 53 on the Best Resort in the USA list.
All six Maui properties also were awarded Gold Badges for ranking in the top 10 percent of properties considered.
All properties that qualify for the publication’s rankings are included in its Best Hotels lists. When considering properties for the Best Resorts lists, editors look into whether the property offers amenities typically associated with a resort, including golf courses, multiple pools, spas, casinos, on-site activities, numerous restaurants and more, in addition to whether hotels include “resort” in their official names or other official materials.
Other Hawaiʻi properties that were recognized this year include:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai in Kailua, Oʻahu (#10 Resort in US; #21 Hotel in US)
- Halekulani in Kailua, Oʻahu ($21 Resort in US; #49 Hotel in US)
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort in Honolulu, Oʻahu (#22 Resort in US; #50 Hotel in US)
- Fairmont Orchid, Hawaiʻi on Hawaiʻi Island (#29 Resort in US; #67 Hotel in US)
- Four Seasons Resort Oʻahu at Ko Olina on Oʻahu (#30 Resort in US; #69 Hotel in US)
- Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort at Poipu Beach (#51 Resort in US)
- Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort and Spa on Kaua’i (#55 Resort in US)
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection (#89 Resort in US)
The 11th annual Best Hotels rankings published by U.S. News & World Report evaluated more than 30,000 luxury hotels and resorts across more than 400 destinations in the USA, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
“Even though global travel remains limited, these hotels continue to operate at the top of their class for luxury and hospitality – a recognition made more meaningful during these challenging times,” the publication reports.
“The travel industry has faced numerous challenges over the past year, emphasizing the need to support and recognize hotels that continue to maintain exemplary standards,” said Zach Watson, travel editor at U.S. News. “This year’s list offers a reliable guide for travelers to use when planning their next getaway, whether that’s in a few months or next year.”
U.S. News scores luxury hotels using a methodology that combines each hotel’s industry awards with its star rating and guest reviews. The publication did not include COVID-19 data in the rankings. However, several of the major industry awards factored into the rankings take property cleanliness into account.
2021 U.S. News Best Hotels Rankings include the following top picks:
In the USA
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai
- Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach
- The Peninsula Chicago
- The Beverly Hills Hotel
- The Langham, Chicago
- Ritz-Carlton Montréal
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia
- Fogo Island Inn
- The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
- Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Rosewood Mayakoba
- One&Only Palmilla
- Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal
- Montage Los Cabos
In the Caribbean
- Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France
- Eden Rock – St Barths
- Belmond Cap Juluca
- Jade Mountain
- Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- Rosewood Bermuda
- Hamilton Princess Hotel & Beach Club
- The Loren at Pink Beach
- Fairmont Southampton
- Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa
- Le Bristol Paris
- Hotel de la Ville, A Rocco Forte Hotel
- Badrutt’s Palace Hotel
- Ashford Castle
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
The complete report is available here.