Maui Community Meetings for FY2015 Budget PlannedAugust 23, 2013, 8:57 AM HST · Updated August 30, 3:11 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The mayor hosts a series of community budget meetings focusing on contents of the fiscal year 2015 budget.
The meetings begin next month, with the first scheduled for Sept. 10 in Pāʻia.
Feedback will be used to provide the administration with direction in addressing county services and needs within the community, according to county officials.
Residents are also invited to fill out an online community survey which will be used by meeting organizers to identify priority areas in each community.
County officials released a list of the upcoming schedule, which includes meetings at the following times and locations:
- Pāʻia Community Center: Tuesday, Sept. 10, 6 p.m.
- Velma Santos Community Center in Wailuku: Thursday, Sept. 12, 5:45 p.m. for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) hearing, then 6 p.m. for the budget meeting.
- Lahaina Civic Center: Monday, Sept. 16, 6 p.m.
- Helene Hall in Hāna: Tuesday, Sept. 17, 5:45 p.m. for the CDBG hearing and 6 p.m. for the budget meeting.
- Lānaʻi Senior Center: Tuesday, Sept. 24, 5:45 p.m. for the CDBG hearing and 6 p.m. for the budget meeting.
- Hannibal Tavares Community Center in Pukalani: Thursday, Sept. 26, 6 p.m.
- Kīhei Community Center: Tuesday, Oct. 1, 6 p.m.
- Mitchell Pauole Center on Molokaʻi: Thursday, Oct. 10, 5:45 p.m. for the CDBG hearing and 6 p.m. for the budget meeting.