November Workshops Offered at Maui Business Resource CenterNovember 6, 2013, 2:02 PM HST · Updated November 6, 2:04 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The Maui Office of Economic Development released a list of free workshops offered in November.
The workshops are presented at the Maui County Business Resource Center, located at the Maui Mall in Kahului.
Seating for all workshops is limited, and can be reserved by calling the Resource Center at 873-8247.
The following workshops are available during the month of November:
- How to Overcome Fear, Pick Yourself Up, & Start a Project that Matters: Instructors: Dr. Robert Santry and Mike Kern. Tuesday, Nov. 5, 12, & 26, 2013, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, 2 to 4 p.m. In this series of four workshops, based on one of the many courses by Seth Godin, Dr. Robert Santry and Mike Kern will guide participants through brief, in-person learning experiences. Learn how to take a “broken” situation and turn it into opportunities to create projects that fix it. In order to prepare for these workshops, your email address is requested so that information can be disseminated prior to the start of the first workshop.
- How to Choose the Best Social Networks for Your Business: Instructor: Danielle Miller, Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, 12 to 1 p.m. The secret to social media success is not doing it all, but doing it right. Of the over 200 social networks available today, how do you figure out which is best for your business? This class covers the top six social media networks and the factors in choosing the right networks for a business. Danielle Miller is a Social Media Expert and Founder of Miller Media Management.
- What You Need to Know About Being a Nonprofit: Instructor: Roya Deyheim. Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, 12:15 to 1:45 p.m. Learn the basics of establishing a nonprofit and the roles and duties of the board of directors. Roya Deyheim has been an attorney for 17 years. She has her own law firm focusing on estate planning, trust administration, and business planning. Her involvement in the community with charitable organizations coupled with her legal experience has given her a unique perspective to assist nonprofits.
- “Netiquette” – How to Mix Online & In-Person Networking: Instructor: Nico Fisher. Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013, 12 to 1:15 p.m. Learn how to combine online and in-person networking, build your contact list, prospect online using Linkedin, and more. Learn how to use Linkedin as a prospecting tool and as a marketing tool. Nicole “Nico” Fisher is an entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience. She is presently a Marketing Strategist, Social Media Consultant and Trainer.
- Income Taxes vs. Wealth: Instructor: Philip Lenefsky, DDS. Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, 12 to 1 p.m. Understanding how income taxes really work, with tips on how to could possibly improve your bottom line. Organizers say this presentation is strictly for educational purposes. Any action or plans undertaken, should be reviewed with an accountant, financial planner or attorney.
- Local Social Media Blueprint: Instructors: Joseph Cicchino & Tom Gaddis. Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, 12 to 1 p.m. Local online media experts Joseph Cicchino and Tom Gaddis teach an easy to implement social media blueprint that is aimed at increasing online presence and driving sales.
- QuickBooks for Small Business: Instructor: Richard Kehoe, CPA. Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, 5 to 8 p.m. Cost is $45.00. Learn to set up your company’s QuickBooks in a small class setting with personalized tutoring. This class is for new users and will teach participants how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices, and balance a checkbook. Instructor Richard Kehoe, CPA is a lead SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) counselor. Follow-up appointments are offered at no cost.
- Starting a Business in Maui County: Instructor: Karen Arakawa. Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, 12 to 1 p.m. In this workshop, Karen Arakawa, Economic Development Specialist with the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, will cover general information and requirements for starting a business in Maui County. Handouts, website and other information will be provided. In addition, the requirements for a Maui County Vendor Business License will be covered.