No Tsunami Threat to Hawaiʻi After 7M Vanuatu Quake
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reports a 7.0M (preliminary magnitude 7.3) earthquake occurred near Vanuatu.
Based on all available data, a destructive Pacific-wide tsunami is not expected and there is no tsunami threat to Hawaiʻi.
The USGS reports that the quake was located:
- 5.0 km (3.1 mi) WSW of Norsup, Vanuatu
- 64.0 km (39.8 mi) SSE of Luganville, Vanuatu
- 209.0 km (129.9 mi) NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu
- 533.0 km (331.2 mi) N of We, New Caledonia
- 676.0 km (420.0 mi) N of Dumbea, New Caledonia