Dr. Lee Weiss with Today’s Maui Health COVID-19 Update
A radio segment featuring executives and doctors with Maui Health runs daily at 7:19 a.m. on KPOA 93.5 FM. The series providing updates and answers questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Today’s guest is Dr. Lee Weiss, Regional Director of Emergency Medical Services. In his interview, Dr. Weiss said he anticipates seeing antibody testing in Hawaiʻi within the next week to 10 days, if not sooner.
Dr. Weiss also answers questions about droplet transmission, anticipated arrival of rapid antigen test kits, and further explanation of IGM (the body’s initial response to the infection) and IGG (the specific antibody produced after more time). According to Dr. Weiss, the antibody needs to be specific (greater than 90%) and very sensitive (greater than 95%).
Visit KPOA.com to fill out a survey to submit your question for consideration.
Past interviews can be accessed by clicking the links below:
- Friday, April 10: Dr. David Ulin, Chief Medical Director, Maui Health
- Thursday, April 9: Dr. Ben Thompson, Behavioral Health: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Pacific Permanente Group.
- Wednesday, April 8: Lisa Paulson, Director of Strategic Communications, Maui Health
- Tuesday, April 7: Jim Diegel, Chief Strategy Officer, Maui Health
- Monday, April 6: Mike Rembis, Chief Executive Officer, Maui Health
- Friday, April 3: Dr. David Ulin, Chief Medical Director at Maui Health
- Thursday, April 2: Dr. Lee Weiss, Regional Director of Emergency Medical Services
- Wednesday, April 1: Mike Rembis, Chief Executive Officer with Maui Health
- Tuesday, March 31: Lisa Paulson, Director of Strategic Communications with Maui Health
- Monday, March 30: Mike Rembis, Chief Executive Officer with Maui Health
*Note: KPOA 93.5 FM is part of the Pacific Media Group family of radio stations. Pacific Media Group is the parent company of Maui Now.