UHMC Back Door Bake Shop Returns Friday
The UHMC Culinary Arts Program’s next Back Door Bake Shop is Friday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The program’s advanced baking students have prepared a wide variety of pastries, with all proceeds going back into the UHMC Culinary Arts Program.
The first Back Door Bake Shop of the summer, held on June 25, was a sell-out and raised $3,000 for the Culinary Arts Program. “We hope to sell out again this time,” said Program Coordinator and Pastry Chef Teresa Shurilla. “Our students work so hard under challenging circumstances. They are lifted by the fantastic community support.”
$30 box includes:
Petit Fours Sec, Confections, Parisian Macaroons:
Parisian Macarons (12 pc) 12 Assorted Flavors
Plus a selection of:
- Cookies/Petits Fours Sec: Checkerboard, Shortbread, Biscotti, Wedding Cookies, Coconut Macarons, Sweet Potato Panellets, Palmiers
- Chocolate Financiers: Hazelnut, Chocolate Tea cakes
- Chocolate Ganache Mini Tartlets: Chocolate Sweet Shells filled with Ganache and Salted Caramel
- Marshmallows: Assorted Flavors
$40 box (14 pieces) includes:
Box: Éclairs, Cream Puff Variations, Puff Pastry & Tarts
- Eclairs (3 pc): Chocolate, vanilla, Strawberry
- Cream Puff Variations (3 pc): St Honoré: Caramel Cream Puffs & Puff Pastry; Religieuse: Raspberry Double Stack Cream Puff; Paris-Brest: Almond Hazelnut Cream Puff
- Napoleon (2 pc): Raspberry Vanilla; Chocolate Cream
- Almond Pithivier (2 pc): Baked Almond Cream and Puff Pastry
- Mixed Fruit Tart (2 pc): 2 mixed Berry Tarts with Pastry and Almond Cream
- Lemon Curd Tart (2 pc): Sweet Crust, Lemon Curd
Payment in full in advance required. Link here:
- This is a pre-paid system and only VISA and MASTERCARD are accepted.
- Customers can order until the cut off time of Thursday, July 8 at 3 p.m.
- Supplies are limited to 100 – $30 boxes and 100 – $40 boxes so order early!
- Customers do not need an account to log-in.
- PLEASE, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE SUBSTITUTIONS OR SPECIAL ORDERS
- Pick up Friday, July 9 th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the “back door” of the Pā‘ina Building on the UHMC Campus in Kahului.