All State Forest Lands Closed as of Sunday MorningJuly 26, 2020, 12:07 AM HST · Updated July 26, 12:07 AM 0 Comments
• Douglas Draws Closer to Hawaii as Category 1 (11 p.m. Update)
• 2020 Hurricane Season in Hawaiʻi
• Storm Prep and Kits
• Ige Issues Emergency Proclamation Ahead of Douglas
• Maui Mayor Issues Emergency Proclamation for Hurricane Douglas
• Mayor Victorino urges Maui to Prep for Potential Impacts
• Maui County Emergency Shelter Plans
• Maui Reminded to Conserve Water to Prevent Sewer Spills Due to Hurricane Douglas
• PresidentApproves Emergency Disaster Declaration for Hawaii
Out of an abundance of caution and to keep forest users and emergency responders safe during Tropical Cyclone Douglas, the DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife is closing all State forest lands on Sunday, July 26, 2020, until the threat has passed.
DOFAW is advising people, for their own safety to avoid travel and other activities in State Forest Reserves, Game Management Areas, Natural Area Reserves, Wilderness Preserves, and on Na Ala Hele trails.