County of Maui closures for Monday, July 27July 26, 2020, 1:24 PM HST · Updated July 26, 4:17 PM 0 Comments
• 2020 Hurricane Season in Hawaiʻi
• Storm Prep and Kits
• Ige Issues Emergency Proclamation Ahead of Douglas
• Maui Mayor Issues Emergency Proclamation for Hurricane Douglas
• Mayor Victorino urges Maui to Prep for Potential Impacts
• Maui County Emergency Shelter Plans
• Maui Reminded to Conserve Water to Prevent Sewer Spills Due to Hurricane Douglas
• PresidentApproves Emergency Disaster Declaration for Hawaii
Mayor Victorino also reminded residents to keep coolers available to store food in case of a power outage, and he advised people to avoid any downed power lines. For your safety, you should assume fallen trees and power lines are live and avoid anything in contact with them. Stay at least 30 feet away from downed power lines.
All County Landfills will be closed and all refuse pickup is suspended for Monday, July 27, due to Hurricane Douglas. Residents SHOULD NOT put out their trash bins for pickup tomorrow. County crews and officials plan to asses any damages and safety concerns tomorrow and Tuesday.